Why a Letting Agent?
The answer is peace of mind that encompasses various factors from dealing with the numerous issues and responsibilities when letting a property, ensuring your property is maintained whilst let, to covering current legislation and financial guidance. We use our time to look after your valuable investment which frees up your time for other things.
Our Landlord Pack is designed to ensure that our prospective and current landlords are fully informed.
- of current letting legislation that needs to be in place before a property is ready to let
- of various guidelines as to what is required from the landlord for each type of property
- of the service options that McKinlays Lettings offer
At McKinlays Lettings we provide a personal service which allows us to know the specific needs and expectations of each landlord. This enables us to match more easily the tenant to property and work in the way that fits the landlord style. Our Lettings team are available weekdays during office hours with a full telephone back up service 24/7, 365 days a year. McKinlays network are accredited to:
- The National Approved Letting Scheme
- The National Association of Estate Agents
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- The Property Ombudsman
Documents Required For All Properties
- Evidence of ownership – Land Registry details
- Evidence that any mortgage applied to the property permits the property to be Let
- Landlord Contract completed by Landlord so that we have written instructions and information for the property in question.
- Lease Agreement showing evidence that property can be let, if pets/children are allowed and any other restriction, such as age, that landlord and tenant may need to be aware of if letting a leased property.
- Evidence of Building Insurance
- Current Gas Safety Certificate – Renewed annually.
- Current Electric Safety Certificate (EICR) – Renewed every 5 years.
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) certificate for any item supplied with the property and not directly wired - such as refrigerator. Renewed bi-annually.
- Where applicable, a Legionella Report, usually not relevant if there’s a combi-boiler heating system.
- Working Smoke Detectors/Alarms on all floors of the property
- Working Carbon Monoxide Alarm where there is the facility to burn solid fuel
- Inventory for Check-in (pre tenancy) either provided by landlord or instructed by McKinlays. This is essential to try and avoid disputes at end of tenancy.
Overview of Letting and Management Fees
Landlords Fully Managed Service (No VAT)
New Property Tenancy Set Up Fee of £350 with a 10% fee per calendar month.
Full referencing for prospective tenants and rent collection is included.
Tenancy renewal fee of £50.
Landlords Tenant Find Service (No VAT)
Tenancy set up fee of 50% of first month’s rent. (Example: If rent is £800pcm, the fee will be £400).
Full referencing for prospective tenants is £100pp and credit check only is £50pp.
Rent Collection can be added to our Tenant Find Service and the fee is 6% per calendar month.
These can be offered on negotiation and discount fees can be discussed for bulk portfolios. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss how we can help you.
We hope this has provided you will with all the information you require, however if you would like to discuss your property or letting your property in any further detail, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.